- Businesses now operate in a culture where trust has completely evaporated in every institution.
- Businesses that are PERCEIVED as not paying taxes or offshoring jobs will be attacked and stigmatize by political leaders.
- Everybody is their own communications platform. Don’t rely on the filter, communicate directly.
- BE and communicate yourself as a force for good, because people are not inclined to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. The bigger you are, the more susceptible you are.
- Mainstream media has been totally discredited in this election
- The audience doesn’t consume the news that they don’t like. News has become a place where to have political views validated.
- Truth is now subjective and is partisan
- Each company is their own’s communication platform. Each audience should be targeted with the right message.
Steve Schmidt, vice chairman public affairs at Edelman